Friday, August 27, 2010

It's The Little Things

So many times I think I get so caught up in waiting for God to do those BIG, HUGE, God sized things in my life, that I forget about the little fingerprints He puts in my life every day!

* I was going to the Hornet football game tonight (the first game of the season) and had NOTHING green to wear! I was able to go on my lunch break from my volunteering at the church today and find a very cute (and cheap) Hornet shirt!

* As I walked in the door from work today, Alexis greeted me with a big hug and kiss, as if she hadn't seen me for months!

* I got to go out and have a great dinner with great friends before the game where we were able to catch up on each other's lives and in doing so find out how we could pray for each other more specifically.

* We had some trouble finding seats at the game and were finally able to get permission to sit in the reserved section so I could sit in my wheelchair and still see. We were told though that if the people whose seats we were sitting in arrived, we would have to move. We later found out those seats were the seats of FRIENDS of the people I had come to the game with! They told us they rarely sat in them and we were free to use them any time! (Now, out of ALL those seats, what are the odds that the people I came with would be friends with them?!)

* Austin and Kimberly found us at the game as they were heading to buy a drink! Austin gave me a big kiss without even being prompted....And then my heart melted.

* Got to see one of my favorite people EVER at the game...He was down on the field and had no idea I was there, but just seeing him made me happy! (Shout out and hugs to Shane Martin!)

All of these were little things that just made my day and made it apparent that God was in the details!

Dear Lord, may I always be on the lookout for Your Fingerprints every day! May I always be mindful of the small blessings you send me and may the little things always remind me I am ALWAYS on Your mind! Amen.

1 comment:

Katy {and Kahler} said...

so so true! i think we would all be so much more joyous people if we realize that our big God is working in our lives, even in the "little things", giving us daily blessings. thank you for the perspective, natalie! love you! :)