Saturday, August 14, 2010

Why I Didn't Attend My H.S. Reunion

My ten year high school reunion was this weekend, but I didn't attend. Here's why:

* Everyone from high school that I WANT to keep in contact with, I do. Either through Facebook or e-mail.

* I knew I'd get the question that I HATE: "What have you been doing the last ten years?" and the answer is not very exciting.

* I spent seven of the last ten in college, I have pretty much nothing to show for the time since high school except a college degree and Alexis and Austin. I haven't gotten married (or had any romantic relationship for that matter) no kids, no paying job, nothing. A LOT has happened in my life since H.S. and I can definitely say I'm NOT the same person, but as I said, nothing to show for any of that.

* None of my dreams I had then have come to pass and none of the dreams I have NOW are coming true yet.

In short, it just wasn't good for my self esteem to attend. Perhaps when we have our 20th reunion.....God only knows.

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

I didn't attend my 10 year reunion for some of those same reasons... and I don't regret it at all! Just keep looking forward. :o)