Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Big 2-8 (B-Day Blog)

As of 2:10 pm this afternoon, I was 28 years old!

My day was great! My aunt called before 8 this morning and because I was still asleep, I let my voicemail get it. She left me the sweetest voicemail talking about how 28 yrs ago I had everyone in a tizzy and how my entrance in to the world was exciting to say the least... (I was born two and a half months early....Exciting is an understatement! LOL).

My parents both sang to me as I entered the living room which was humorous and sweet at the same time. A big dinner out was planned for later in the evening but Mom said she'd take me by somewhere to grab a bite for lunch (Dad was going to mow). I chose Taco Bell. We got there and I ordered my two tacos, mom orders her food and we get it and pull into a space in the parking lot to eat. I start handing out food and find that I only have one taco. Mom offers to go back through and get me another, but I have an order of cinnamon twists as well so I just eat what I have. I then open my straw and find that it's only opened at one end! I look at Mom and tell her I hope this isn't a sign for how my year is going to go! LOL!!

Dad had a meeting late this afternoon so instead of feeling rushed to eat, I opted for us to go eat after his meeting so we made plans to meet my sister and her family at the restaurant at 7:30. That gave us most of the afternoon to just do our own thing.

Dinner was fun! Mom and I got there before my dad (who was on his way back from his meeting) and my sister's family so we went ahead and ordered our drinks and chips and salsa while we waited. Kimberly and the rest of the crew arrived and I was greeted with the SWEETEST hugs from both Alexis and Austin! Lexi said, "You're FINALLY 28 Nat-Nat!!!" LOL! And of course, they both wanted to sit next to me (normally, it's my Mom they want...Tonight, it was me). I was in Heaven...Lexi would lean over and kiss me and then Austin would follow. It was so sweet!

After dinner we all headed back to our house and I opened my gifts...I got two books I'd asked for: "Marked for Life" about one of the students who survived the Columbine shootings and how it changed and deepened her faith. And "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox which is a follow up to his first book "Lucky Man" Looking forward to reading those, but it will be AFTER I finish my current read which is "The Art of Racing in the Rain" that a friend sent me for my birthday. I think it might be my new favorite....I can't get enough of it and I can totally understand why one of my friends said she read it in one sitting...It's THAT good!

I also got the first season of "Designing Women" (Kimberly and I LOVED that show growing up) the third season of Friday Night Lights, and the first two seasons of "E.R." (I'm going to start trying to get all of those seasons now). I got a beautiful rod iron picture frame holder from Kimberly and her family with "FAITH" in the middle of it and you put different pictures in the different frames around the word. I LOVE it! It'll go perfect in my room! And Justin and Lexi made me some homemade chocolate chip cookies last night and brought me some of those too...YUM! And Tazzie even got me a card! Love my Tazzie Mae! :)

After gifts we went into the kitchen...Mom had made my favorite honeybun cake! I'm really surprised I like it as much as I do because it's really sweet and I'm not much of a sweet eater. But this is my favorite....Tastes just like a honeybun! We put three candles on the cake (one for Lexi to blow out, one for Austin to blow out, and one for me) They sang, I made my wish, and then we all had cake! Once the kids were hyped up on sugar (LOL!) they went home.

No, there wasn't any Dempsey Dream breakthrough...I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed, but someone else needed that miracle tonight more than I did. I know God's timing is perfect and I have to keep believing that my day will come...I do think I'm a lot closer now BECAUSE of the prayers I've prayed asking for a miracle then I would be if I HADN'T prayed them, so who knows....Hopefully soon I'll be blogging all about how my dream finally came true...

It was a great birthday! I'm SO blessed to have the incredible family that I do and the most amazing friends. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all of the Facebook messages, texts, phone calls, and e-mails!!

I look forward to sharing the next year with you through this blog...Love you all!

1 comment:

Kara Knafla said...

I know you had a fantastic birthday, and I'm so glad, because you deserve it!

I can't wait to read more about, and listen to your very special birthday voicemail!

Proof that dreams really do come true...

I love you Nat, you're the best!