Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rookie Blue: "On The Double" (Season Finale Part 1)

SO sorry for the delay in getting this up (even if I’m the only one that reads them…If there’s anyone else that happens to read them as well, I really do apologize for the delay). A LOT happens in the final two episodes and most of what happens in this one has to be understood in order to understand the second episode so I was A LOT more descriptive than I usually am. I had to watch the episode as I was writing this up, to make sure I included everything I needed to. I wasn’t just blogging off the top of my head like normal so it took a lot more time than usual. Thanks for your patience!

I'm breaking up the two episodes into two separate entries.... Hope it makes it easier for everyone reading.

* That opening scene was adorable! Andy fishing around under the covers nearly kicking Sam in the face as he asks, "What ARE you doin'?” Andy explains she's putting on her shirt because she fears the cameras are on. Sam pulls the cover off her head and assures her all cameras and wires are off. "Prove it." quips Andy. With a smirk, Sam gets out of bed, turns and thanks to some strategically placed furniture, we get the idea...He's got NO clothes on. "Happy?" he asks Andy..." Very!" is the response.

* We then find out that Sam is the one that called Andy, Sam says it's safer that way, the less Andy knows about what he's doing, the better. He then tells Andy to forget she ever met Brennan (the guy that beat her at pool last episode) that he's no joke! Andy promises.

* Later, as Andy and Sam dress we find out that Andy took the day off to take care of her mortgage. Andy asks Sam if he wants to come with her. Sam wishes he could but he needs to turn the camera's back on so Boyd doesn't get nervous that something is wrong. He tells Andy he'll miss her. (Awwwwww!!!!) Then we hear a beating on the door. It's Brennan with coffee. He gives Andy a helpless look as he rushes for the door, and Andy looks for a place to hide.

* Brennan is now looking around “JD’s” apartment. Sam sneaks a glance around himself wondering WHERE Andy might be. Comments on “JD’s” “Moby Dick” book (nice shout out to season one…Loved it). Brennan says he’s there to make sure “JD’s” knows the ground rules and says he heard “JD” could get just about anything anybody wanted and Brennan is curious about how he does it. “God’s Good Grace” is “JD’s” reply. Brennan is stumped as to what that means. “It’s the name of my boat, docked at the harbor front.” Brennan nods. He then spots “Candice’s” boot and asks when he gets to meet her….Cue Andy (Candice) coming out of the bathroom playing the part well. Brennan leaves shortly after & Andy freaks out wanting to leave. Sam tells her she has to stay for at least 15 minutes to makes sure Brennan is really gone. Andy asks if 15 minutes is even enough. Sam looks back at the door, back at her and with a nervous laugh says, “maybe 20…” and pulls her toward the bed…. I love how Sam almost blew his entire op right there simply because he just can’t get enough of her…It’s so dangerous, but SO adorable!!!

* Later, we see Andy leaving Sam UC apartment…She can’t wipe the smile off her face. Brennan pulls up and offers “Candice” a ride. She tries to decline but he’s persistent and she eventually she gets in. (I’m screaming at my T.V. at this point “Stupid move, Andy. STUPID STUPID move!” “Candice” and Brennan chat a bit about “JD” and what a big sports fan he is. After driving for awhile, “Candice” gets nervous thinking Brennan was going to drop her off. He says they’re going somewhere else first. And at this point, I’m thinking she’s going to be taken somewhere, beaten (or worse) and left.

* Brennan takes her to the marina and tells her that he likes her, that “JD” is “garbage wrapped in skin” (something about me really loved how descriptive that line was). He gives “Candice” money for a hotel and tells her he doesn’t want to see her at “JD’s” tonight then leaves.

* Next Andy is at the station doing research on Jamie Brennan and finds that he is the prime suspect in six murder cases, three of which died from torture. She gasps at the horrible images attached with the reports and tells Tracie Jamie was going to see Sam (aka JD) tonight and had told her to stay away. Andy says she has to tell Frank she and Sam are involved and his cover might have blown.

* Once Andy does reveal the truth, Frank is BEYOND furious. He gets called out and Andy soon finds out that something has happened to Sam’s wire and everyone is trying to figure out what’s going on. Sam asks for Traci’s keys and hurries out.

* Once at Sam’s UC apartment, Andy is greeted by a blood trail leading down the steps and a ransacked and bloodied apartment. Andy panics and screams for Sam…Boyd shouts for her to get out of there…NOW and she is forced out by Jerry as she continues to scream Sam’s name, and with that, the first hour comes to a close….

I hope this all made sense. Like I said, I tried to be as descriptive as possible so you could follow what was going on, as it will be important to know to follow the next episode. I HOPE to have the second episode up tomorrow night late. Since we don’t have any new episodes now, it’s the PERFECT excuse for me to watch again as I write up all the details like I did for this one! Thanks again for hanging in there with me!

If you're interested in seeing the Sam and Andy scenes from this episode, CLICK HERE

No comments: