Saturday, January 30, 2010

"24 Hours at Daytona" Saturday

Here is my 24 Hours at Daytona play by play... Focused on Dempsey Racing and the teams two cars, #40 and #41. Go Dempsey Racing!

Quick Patrick Dempsey interview with a SpeedTV reporter whose birthday is today and who gets a happy birthday wish from Patrick. I'm positive there's nothing like Patrick Dempsey wishing you a happy birthday.

Camera pans and I see the 40 on the track. Camera pans and we see Joe Foster giving the camera a wave...Hi Joe!

Race officially begins....Behind the pace car due to the rain. Safety first!

TONS of tweeting going on at my @PDempseyFan twitter account! Switched from my personal one (@NatNicole1981) to my PD one for the race.

No rain falling, still under yellow about 2 laps away from the green flag...

2:48 pm. checking in with Joe Foster of Dempsey Racing in the #40 car giving a description of the track! The car looks AWESOME and Joe sounds focused and ready! LOVE that we get a camera with the car this year!!!!!

2:51 GREEN FLAG!!! Go Dempsey Racing/Team Seattle!!!

2:59 #40 is in 13 place, driven by Joe Foster.

3:02 Leh Keen #41 in THIRD PLACE!!!!!!!

3:06 See the AWESOME looking #41 on the track

I know they train to race in the rain, but it still makes me nervous. Glad the rain is slowing and hopefully the track will dry up quick.

3:22 under caution

Every time someone talks about Patrick Long my ears perk up! HAHA!

3:29 Back to Green

3:37 The commentators with SpeedTV tried to blame Dane Cameron's car trouble on the #40. Me here: "What??" After a replay. It's clear the number 40 never touched Cameron's car.

A PD Mazda voiceover during the break.... "Zoom zoom forever." Have I mentioned that I want a Mazda hat?

4:04 Leh Keen in 11th place in the #41 Joe Foster in 13th place in the #40.

4:06 Leh Keen in 10th, Joe Foster in 11th....WOW!

Patrick Long is out of the car for driver change. Now maybe I won't get whiplash from turning to my t.v. every time the name "Patrick" is said. That is until MY Patrick gets in the car....

4:10 BOTH Dempsey Racing cars are in the top ten and Speed TV says NOTHING?!? Come on, guys! Give DR their coverage!

4:16 We must have pitted. Joe fell back a few spots.

4:21 Leh Keen #41 pitting now....Driver change, Have no idea who is in at this point. Grand Am keeps changing it. Don't even know if it was Keen driving.... If anyone from the team is reading this and would like to let me know, please do! Love the Team Seattle car...My name is on it! :)

Was getting up to go make some hot chocolate and my Mom was already bringing me some so I wouldn't miss any DR action! My Mom rocks! Thanks, Mom! :)

4:32 Patrick Dempsey in the car!

Another PD voiceover! I love it! :)

5:14 Dave Lacey about to get in the #41 for Team Seattle.

5:15 and there's the INCREDIBLE looking # 4o driven by Patrick Dempsey. Several minutes of camera time as we get a profile view of Patrick driving. Apparently they're having trouble communicating with Patrick right now on the mic. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

5:20 Patrick Dempsey interview as he gets out. "I lost the radio on lap two which is really difficult because you don't know who's coming up behind you. I didn't have the confidence I would like, but thank goodness the cars in good shape, it's early on. We just have to be really patient."

SpeedTV is loving those PD voiceovers! Another one just aired!

6:48 Team Seattle #41 car is in 12th place with the #40 car right behind him in 13th. I think they like sticking close to each other.

7:06 Dinner break for me...

7:41 Back from dinner with the #40 passing the number 41 to put #40 in TENTH place and #41 in 11th. Go Dempsey Racing!

7:54 Some GREAT things being said about Dempsey Racing as a whole while we watch Charles zoom zoom around the track looking awesome!

8:41 interview with Charles. Talks about the car being okay after some contact with debris. "We at Dempsey Racing are here to overcome and hopefully we'll still be here tomorrow morning." Also had good things to say about Patrick and the team as a whole. What a sweet guy!

8:59 Live coverage on speedtv ends until 6.a.m. tomorrow morning

Hope you've enjoyed my play by play of the first part of the race. I'll be recapping tomorrow's part of the race as well. Have a great night everybody! And prayers continue for the team as they race through the night. Go Dempsey Racing! :)

Photobucket
Photo used with the permission of Juha Lievonen. My thanks to him.

No comments: