Well, All Stars weekend (at least this weekend) is officially over. We had a great time!
We were able to get a great parking spot right next to the field where we just back up our van, opened the back and we were set! Kimberly sat on the other side of the field but we were able to see each other, and Justin (since he's one of the coaches) had his spot where he stood and it was fairly close to us. So, aside from being a bit far from Kimberly, it was a great set up!
The first game Saturday morning was really nice. The weather was great--not too hot yet. We won that one (we didn't know until awhile AFTER it was over that we'd won...Long story. Ask Kimberly if you really want to know because I can't really explain it to you).
It was the middle of the first game that I noticed I was already getting red so I smeared on some more sunscreen. Once that game was over, we had a break until our 1:25 game so the girls played (calmly so they wouldn't get worn out) and Mom, Dad, and I made sandwiches and had lunch while we watched the other teams play (it's a bit more relaxing when you have nothing invested in the game your watching LOL!) I put on my ipod after awhile and watched. Kinda neat watching it set to the music I was listening to. It was hot by this point and I was under an umbrella trying to keep the sun off my legs.
We played our second game and then convinced Alexis to lay down in the back of the van while we waited for the 4:00 game. She never went to sleep but at least she was still (somewhat) for awhile. After the 4:00 game was over, we were done until Sunday morning. I had definitely gotten some sun but didn't realize how much until Mom, Dad, and I stopped for dinner on the way home. I took off my sunglasses when we got inside, and Dad burst out laughing. He said I looked like a raccoon. I didn't realize how true it was until I was getting ready for my shower last night and looked in the mirror....DEFINITELY a raccoon! And judging from the way everything stung when I stood under the water in the shower--a slight sunburn as well.
We got up this morning (Sunday) and headed BACK to Montgomery and were lucky enough to get our same parking spot so we had the same set up as before. Thanks, Lord!
The highlight of the game came when Lexi got up to bat. Of course we cheered as she batted and cheered as she hit the ball and ran..... and she kept running....Yep....My Ladybug got a HOME RUN!!!!!!!! I don't think I've ever cheered so much or so loudly in my life! And as she made it safely to home....Oh. My. Gosh. The reception she got!!!! It was such a sight! Made my entire day!! Of course, we all got teary and seeing all of her teammates and coaches so excited for her was just...Amazing. Kimberly and the rest of the parents were at the fence yelling for her as she walked to the dugout. Proud doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. And Kimberly said Alexis was beside herself afterward. Highlight of the game. Highlight of the day. We were THRILLED! Justin looked over at us after things finally calmed down a little and said, "I need oxygen!" He was so proud!
That was our last game and we were headed home a little after ten this morning. It was really a great weekend! I had a blast! I love watching and cheering for those girls. They really have a great team and the coaches are awesome at teaching them and encouraging them.
I don't know yet if we'll be playing any more tournaments this season but will keep you posted. Thank you all so much for your prayers for the team this weekend! It really was a blessed time!
And thanks for praying for Patrick Dempsey as well. He came in 8th in his race.
No comments:
Post a Comment