Sunday, July 6, 2008

Say What You Need To Say

I have changed the music on my site to only play one song for the time being. The song is called "Say" by John Mayer. I love the song and hate it at the same time.

I loathe it because for me, it is a constant reminder of something of I cannot do. I have words in my heart that long to be said to one specific person. The only problem is, I can't right now. No, they are not dead, they are just unreachable at the moment. Sometimes when I hear the echoing chorus of "say what you need to say" I want to scream, "I WOULD IF I COULD!!" Because of course, my mind always floats to that one person that I can't reach right now (believe me, I'm trying).

This might not make sense but sometimes I think I have "the blessed burden of thankfulness" I say burden simply because I can't express my thanks to that one person right now and I long to with all my heart. However, I have no doubt that God is working out the details so that I WILL be able to share my heart with this person one day.

I love the song at the same time that I hate the song because while it makes my heart ache, it also reminds me to "say what I need to say" to people whenever I get the chance. It reminds me not to procrastinate. It reminds me to take action....NOW! Whether it be "Thank you" "I love you" "I'm praying for you" etc.. my experience with NOT being able to say these to someone is really teaching me to say them to those I CAN say them to.

I pray the song gives you the same reminder. I hope it urges you to take action. Give that hug, send that letter, make that phone call. Say the words that have been laid on your heart "Do it with a heart wide open."

4 comments:

Taylor said...

What a great song. I love and hate it too! :)

Amanda said...

What a great way to look at that song. I always love the way you relate to songs, shows, movies and help us to relate to them as well.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are well!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible."

Hebrews 11:1, 11:3

Melissa said...

Natalie! Thank you so much for your words of wncouragement on the blogs! I love getting comments and am always excited to see what you have to say. I hope to continue to "fill you in" as the time passes. Thank you again!
:) Melissa