As a follower of Christ, I felt for a long time that my ultimate job as His follower was to convert other people that weren't believers.
Recently, and by that I mean within the last year or so, I've been convicted by the fact that converting people IS NOT my job, I can't do ANYTHING...I don't have the power, but I know that One who does.
So, I had figured that much out. and so, I found myself praying and asking, "Okay God, so what IS my job as Your follower?" It's been a constant prayer and tonight, out of nowhere, the answer came....And it wasn't near as complex as I thought it would be, in fact, it's rather simple.
My job as His follower, as His child, is to live a life that makes others WANT to know the One who CAN convert others. My words mean very little, But my ACTIONS speak volumes!
Ironically, there's a quote that I saw over a year ago that I LOVE....I have it pinned up in various places because I love it so much, and it's also my e-mail signature:
"Live in such a way that those who know you, but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."
I've LOVED the quote since the moment I saw it and now I know: THAT'S my job! Not to TALK it out, but to LIVE it out...The best way I know how, and let God do the rest! Makes things MUCH simpler, don't you think?
By the same token, I also know my job is not to judge ANYONE, but to LOVE them! I think Christianity has a bad rep. mainly because we are seen as judgemental. And I HATE feeling judged. God didn't call me to judge anyone, he called me to love them and let HIM be the judge.
Oh, how I pray I live a life of love and faith that draws others closer to Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment