"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." ~Romans 8:1~
A friend of mine recently sent me the link to a podcast Jonathan Jackson did talking about his faith, being a husband, father, actor, musician etc.
In the podcast he talks about one instance where he was disciplining his young son and how we need to discipline our children in love and walk them through the process of grace and forgiveness. He said that it's not enough to just say "What you did is wrong" but AFTER that, talking through it and looking at them when it's all done saying, "Do you know that everything's okay now?"
As he was saying this a mental image came to me of Christ doing just that for us when we've fallen short. Too many times it seems like we get so caught up in the guilt of our actions that even after we've confessed it to the Lord, we STILL carry it around and Satan LOVES throwing it back in our face to convince us we are horrible and undeserving of any good thing when in reality, you and God took care of that already....It's forgiven!
I'm the worlds worst at carring around old sin. And when Jonathan was saying all of this, I saw this image of Christ getting eye to eye with me as we talked things out, then of Him looking at me saying, "Do you know that everything's okay?"
There IS NO condemnation! If we've confessed our sin(s), God's forgiven and forgotten and He wants us to move deeper in faith with Him! I'm learning that's awfully hard to do if I'm lugging tons of past sin around that God's already forgotten about.
So, now I ask you....Do YOU know that everything's okay? If you need to hear that (like I did) let me just tell you right now....Everything's okay. You are loved, you are adored. There is no condemnation.
No comments:
Post a Comment